In My Life This Week
Road trip! The plan was to meander up to the island on Wednesday for Thanksgiving, stopping here and there, but so much for well-laid plans...A winter storm was coming! (How ironic! A storm before Halloween and a storm before Thanksgiving - does that mean our next one is before Christmas? Hmmm...) So, we skipped school, packed up, put the outside "stuff" away (least it be buried until April), and hit the road. We quickly stopped at DeLorme - the map place - and saw Eartha, the largest globe anywhere, and LL Bean for more water bottles and to see the Christmas lights. The kids travel great! And any road trip without backseat bickering is ALWAYS a success!
Whatcha Makin' Wednesday?
(Join the linky party by clicking the sidebar button.)
We never seem to do our bakin' and cookin' on WEDNESDAY, but several "somethings" get created every week. LOL In prep for Thanksgiving at my sister's house, we made a couple delish New England pumpkin pies.
Vacation! We packed our Bean backpacks with clothing, hiking odds and ends, and field guides, but NO SCHOOL BOOKS. This week was for hanging out with family and wandering through the woods!
- Blue Spruce and the Trees helped the scout pack with church clean-up on Saturday then they built adorable sleighs with Santa and reindeer at Lowe's Build and Grow.
- White Pine's buddy "hung out" with him on Saturday and Sunday after the church clean-up, and then the kids from next door popped over too. I'm thankful that they finished raking the leaves off the yard for me!
- White Pine went over to another buddy's house to celebrate his birthday Sunday evening.
- Sugar Maple had Girl Scouts on Monday and another clarinet lesson on Tuesday.
- White Pine and Sugar Maple visited some friends for a couple of hours on Tuesday before we headed out to the island.
Didn't Work For Us
After 12 weeks of schooling, it was relaxing and re-energizing to have most of a week off. (We completed assignments on Monday.) Sometimes you just need a break from the books, although the learning marches on.
December CAN NOT be next week! Where did Autumn go?! I am glad that the snow has held off except for that weird pre-Halloween storm though.
Photo, Video, Link, or Quote to Share
Balsam Fir has been asking about getting a MOHAWK. He really doesn't have the kind of hair that works well for a MOHAWK - CURLY! - but why not? It's just hair, right? LOL I did keep the sides long enough to buzz everything down though if it doesn't work out! ((wink)) And he lost his very first tooth!
Linking up to These GREAT blog hops: