Sunday, February 17, 2013

Explorers Blog Hop 3: Mountain of White

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there really is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. 
- John Rushkin

Winter has finally arrived in Maine, or rather the SNOW has. We've had bone-chilling cold and light "dustings of white powder", but the snow fell in gusty heaviness last Friday and Saturday, covering everything deeply. 

But the sapling totally embraced it, especially Balsam Fir. He's been (im)patiently waiting for some "real" snow to fall. And 26 inches of snow in 24 hours definitely counts as "real" snow, don't you think? So, they spent the week in and out of the snow, building forts and tunnels and flinging snow with shovels. And I've spent my time heating water for hot cocoa and hanging up soggy mittens, hats, snowpants, jackets, and socks. But it's all good!



 

6 comments:

  1. What fun! I am sure my kids would love to be there right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is Sunday in Maryland and it is freezing out (to this southern girl anyway). We just had a dusting yesterday night but it is all melted. We have a new puppy and we are out in the yard with her often. Today is very cold for me to stay out too long. I must sound like a wimp to all of you up North. I love the snow around Christmas and New Years but in February I start longing for the Spring. Which is usually too early to ask for it in Maryland. Love your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your new blog hop and really want to link-up. Hopefully next week I will get a post up of the kids playing outside.

    Would you be interested in participating in a blog button swap? I have a growing education focused blog and think my readers would be interested in your blog. By displaying each others' buttons we should both see an increase in traffic.

    If you are interested please let me know.

    Julie

    --
    http://highhillhomeschool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ... SNOW! hahahahaah its actually pretty COLD here tonight in the bahamas! :D i cant brag tonight! LOL although my "cold" is probably still HOT to you! :P but down in the 40's
    Breaking out the wooly socks LOL :D love your link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like lots of fun. some days I wish we would get snow here:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!