Friday, December 19, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up: Week 13 - Winter Break

EVERYDAY LIFE
We tried really, really hard to focus this week, but how could we? The week before Christmas with family, presents, good food. The week before knowing we've got 2 whole weeks off. Not that we JUST didn't have 2 weeks off for Thanksgiving...

But I could focus on my CROCHETING. (I need a smiley face icon, huh?) I created a cover for my 2015 Bullet Journal/Planner. I love the colors, but I'm not crazy about the cover itself as it's already pilling and collects hair, fur and lint like velcro. :: sigh:: I may just remove it and decorate the Moleskine notebook cover instead with scrapbook stuff. In the meantime, I'm trying to make some fingerless gloves for Cati. (Pattern here.)

PEOPLE & PLACES
❄ Jazz & Concert Band Practices (Cati) ❄ Christmas Band Concerts (Cati) ❄ Bible Study (Me) 

FROM THE KITCHEN
Chop Suey with Cucumber Slices & Carrot Sticks ❄ Biscuit, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches & Clementines ❄ Baked Chicken, Rice & Peas ❄ Meatball Subs ❄ Clean Out Fridge Night ❄

HOMESCHOOL HAPPENINGS
Determined to get in a full productive week of learning, Sam and I had some long, long afternoons. Cati finished her core work most mornings before Sam and I rolled out of bed. Isn't it interesting how unique we are? Sam and I are "night owls" who prefer a late morning start, but Cati is an early to bed, early to rise person. We're fortunate to have a schedule to works best for all of us.



Cati's Accomplishments
Capitalization of Greetings & Transitive and Intransitive Verbs
Multiplying/Dividing Mixed Fractions, Algebraic Equations, Perimeter, Decimals, Roots & Order of Operations with Exponents
Types of Fossils, Radioactive Dating, Geologic Time Scale & Earth's Eras
CNN Student News
Phys. Ed. Walking

Sam's Accomplishments
MobyMax: Describe Events in Stories/Dramas, ID Supporting Details in Paragraphs, Quotations, Suffixes, Prefixes and Word Roots, and Vocabulary Building & Grade Spelling Weeks 35-37
Multiplication Facts, Word Problems, Fractions, Time, Square Roots & Regrouping
Inside a Volcano, Types of Eruptions & Volcanic Landforms
CNN Student News
Phys. Ed. Walking/Jogging, Biking (in the Snow)

READING & VIEWING
❄ Star Wars (Cati) ❄ Stuart Little (White) (Sam) ❄ Ben and Me (Lawson) (Sam) ❄

❄ "Different Types of Volcanoes" (You Tube) ❄ "Volcano Eruptions Song" (You Tube) ❄ "What is a Volcano?" (You Tube) ❄

PONDERINGS

With all the celebrating coming up, I'm not sure I'll be getting to more blogging until 2015! So, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

As always, special thanks to these weekly link-ups:
 photo 337a3ef2-b881-48f4-8a2c-9c69e457cb5b_zps8b6152cf.pngHomegrown LearnersWeird Unsocialized Homeschoolers

Don't forget to check out my other blog posts this week!
Tuesday Coffee Chat: Christmas Traditions
Wednesday Hodgepodge: Randomness

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and have a great time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family! Have a great break!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great week. We have just given up on 'school' until after Christmas! I love all the crocheting you are doing. Keilee wants to try fingerless gloves too. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Jessy!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany, Jeremiah and I are fellow night owls! Though I always regret it in the morning! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! We had a hard time concentrating on school this week too.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!