Monday, July 13, 2015

Happy Homemaker Daybook: The Day to Come...

The Clock Reads...
6:06am

Weather in My Neck of the Woods 
Cool, steamy, hinting at a hot, humid day to come.

In the Garden
I harvested our first green beans this morning. Only a handful, but after a rocky start I'll take it. The pie pumpkins have blooms. The 2nd try at cucumbers are yielding results. Unfortunately the chickens got to the peas again. (Do you hear my exasperation?)

Looking Around the House
It's early. The kids are all soundly sleeping. The dogs are all soundly sleeping. A multitude of fans are whirling. There's a basket of clean laundry to hang up. A strainer of dishes to put into the cupboards. All is peaceful, just not quite in their places.

Menu for this Week
It's too hot to cook inside. And it's too hot to cook OUTSIDE. But I'll figure something out. Fortunately, Jake wants to make homemade popcorn chicken tonight so he'll be in the hot kitchen making dinner for us.

What's on my TV Today 
Nothing! We'll be doing some stuff on Camp Google Science-y stuff on-line later though...

What I'm Creating from the Craft Basket
A sweet lil' whimsical owl keychain in purple, white, teal, and spring green. (Pattern.) I don't have a photo of mine yet as it's unfinished, but here's one from the pattern link.

Photo Source: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/owl-key-chain-pattern

I'm Reading
I just finished my DAUGHTER'S library book. I'm fresh out. What a sad thing! I'm heading to the library tomorrow for sure. (I'd go today, but NONE in the area are open.)


Things that Make Me Happy and Thankful
A little AC unit that keeps the upstairs reasonably comfortable. 

I'm Wondering
When will I get a WHOLE day at home? I'm a homebody at heart, but lately I'm always out-and-about doing some errand. I'm going to have to schedule a "day in".

Devotional
A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken. (Proverbs 15:13) Hope deterred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh it is a tree of life. (Proverbs 13:12) He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction. (Proverbs 13:3)

HHM

 I'm linking up to The Simple Woman at The Simple Woman's Daybook and to the Diary of a Stay At Home Mother at Happy Homemaker on Mondays.

16 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about cooking! Our weather has been weird to say the least. Hot early in June then it turned cool and wet. Now we are horribly hot and humid!
    Cute little key chains! :) I'm not really good with making small things like that.
    Proverbs...you gotta love 'em. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be a challenge to work something small, but the keychains aren't really that small (3 inches) and use a 4mm hook. They're pretty easy to work up! As for cooking...It's much better to have cold salads or BBQ outside these days. I don't remember when I last used my oven!

      Delete
  2. Love the keychains! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Felicia! They've been coming out cute! I'm just using scraps of yarn too, which is great. I don't like wasting yarn!

      Delete
  3. Those owl keychains are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've enjoyed making them! Photos perhaps next post!

      Delete
  4. Those owl keychains are on my list to make! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super quick and easy to create, Jodi! Great from using up scraps...and to have a fun something to give away!

      Delete
  5. Those owl keychains are sooooo cute! Will,look forwarward to seeing pix of yours. Congrats on some yield from your garden. I know it was a tough start. And . . if I an awesome library like yours, I would head there too! Have a great week. Happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The library nook is one of my favorite places to relax. I love to stop at the store just down the road from it, pick up some iced tea and a sweet treat then relax, read, crochet, and people watch from the cool, covered porch. It's quiet for the most part, with partial views of the lake, and if I'm inclined there's a great boardwalk (about 1 1./4 miles long) from the library and back to enjoy.

      Delete
  6. Love those owl keychains! Just showed my youngest daughter and she said "oh I can make that for you" lol. If you want a good book to read get The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. Stays with you long after you finish reading it, great book but have tissues ready. Have a great night!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the book recommendation! I already picked up a Debbie Macomber, but the next time I head to the library I'll see if they have The Light.

      Delete
  7. LOVE the keychains so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always looking for a WHOLE day at home myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit I do occasionally get an ENTIRE day to myself, but rarely to relax. It's a day to catch up on house and yard stuff...and squeeze in some Me Time too.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!