Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Summer Smiles

1.  I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-

Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?

Struggle with? Facing fears head on. I'm a caution person, one that doesn't take risks. I don't like the unpredictable. Comes easy? Relaxing and resetting. Over the last 3 years our lives have faced many changes. It was important for me to find time to relax so that I could offer more to my family.

2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?

I'd take the kids out for frozen custard at the farm. Or maybe add to my stash of yarn? Both would bring about smiles!

3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.

Oh, boy. Trip over my own two feet. :sigh: I managed to drop a plastic plate this morning, turned to pick it up, stepped on the plate which slid, and down I went. I'm quite talented!

4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?

Does flying count? I would fly around the world, stopping to see God's creations!

5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book?  Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?

Swimming? Check! Ice cream? Check! Movie? Nope! Camped? Yes! Corn on the cob? Nope! Gardened? Check! Unplugged? Nah! Ballgame? Several! Fruit? Yes! Road trip? Of course! Read? Every day! Before summer ends, I'd like to get the kids to the waterpark...

6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?

Ugh. Politics.

7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?


8.  Insert your own random thought here.


Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!

Happy Hodgepodging!

1 comment:

  1. I almost answered with buying yarn too! One can never go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!