Monday, August 10, 2015

Homemaker Daybook: Journal of a SAHM

The Clock Reads...
5:55am

Weather in My Neck of the Woods 
Cool 56 degrees, overcast, but warming up to 76 degrees with mostly sunny skies. Perfection!

In the Garden
With fall just around the corner, the garden is finally flourishing. If only it had taken off about 6 weeks ago...I have 7-8 pie baby pie pumpkins growing. The carrots are getting bigger. If the season is long enough we should end up with LOADS of yellow-skinned cucumbers, and wax and green beans. 

Looking Around the House
I see some "hot spots" that need cleaned up and put away. Everything has it's place, right? But the dishes are caught up! When does that happen? The 2nd load of laundry is already washing. I'm in good shape to be "lazy" today (after I weed the garden, mow the lawn, sweep and mop, vacuum, scrub toilets, gather all the trash, clean nesting boxes, dump and refill the duck's "pond", pay the bills...)

Menu for this Week
With the kids off visiting their grandparents, meals are simple, quick and mostly not all that nutritious: cereal and low fat milk, PB & J sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, and, er, chocolate cake with homemade chocolate whipped topping "frosting" and mini chocolate chips...

What's on my TV Today 
Can you believe it? I watched all the episodes of the latest "Big Brother" on Hulu. Why? I have no idea! Background noise? Lack of judgement? It's Reality TV at its worse!

What I'm Creating from the Craft Basket
I finished my 1st afghan for my oldest son! :: doing the happy dance ::



I'm Reading

Things that Make Me Happy and Thankful
My husband is into fishing. It's his thing. And I'm into boating and being on the water. Combine the two and we have a past time that we both love and enjoy. With sunsets on the lake like this, it's awe-inspiring!



I'm Wondering
Why are my seasonal allergies already kicking in? :: achoo ::

Devotional
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:15)

HHM

 I'm linking up to The Simple Woman at The Simple Woman's Daybook and to the Diary of a Stay At Home Mother at Happy Homemaker on Mondays.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo!!! And I agree about "Big Brother". I absolutely do not watch it. I watch LOTS of t.v., but there is a limit to the stupidity I can stand! My girls watch it, and my parents. I call it "Big Stupid Brother". Awful!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your afghan is gorgeous and the sunset photo literally took my breath away! I'm saying hi from the wooded boondocks of North Carolina!!! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous picture and I love your afghan! The chocolate cake sounds delicious too. Have a great week!

    Renee' My HHM post

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lake photo is stunning! Whenever I see ads for Big Brother, I always think of the final two episodes of the 1st season reboot of Dr. Who. The reality shows were just a little too real in those episodes LOL...and now that I've admitted I watch way too much television myself, hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful picture! Congratulations on the afghan! Such a great feeling when a project is completed :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do a lot of fishing, too... your lake photo is beautiful!
    Love your afghan - my first was a similar pattern.
    Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sunset! That is a wonderful book too, a tearjerker. Great job on the afghan!! Have a great night!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!