Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge: A Spring in my Step

1. Has spring sprung in your little corner of the world? Other than the calendar how would I know? What's your favorite thing about spring?

Almost! Most of the dingy snow has melted away. Again. Every once in a while a few inches of new snow falls, but it doesn't stick around long. The road is a muddy mess during the day, but frozen in bumpy tracks overnight. The birds have returned. But the REAL sign of spring is when the peepers wake up and start singing again.

2. Besides the weather, what's put a spring in your step recently?

The camping and fishing season will be here soon! My husband has been readying the skiff, painting and remounting the motor, and I've been packing up the camper, for a new season of outdoor fun.

3. How does Easter impact you?

We haven't made plans for this Easter yet. :: shrug ::

4. I saw this somewhere on Facebook and thought it would make a fun Hodgepodge question. Which of the following would you find most disappointing...

a just stuffed taco shell breaking open and spilling out before you take the first bite? dropping a just-purchased Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts coffee? opening the peanut butter jar and finding it empty? upending onto the sidewalk a just-purchased ice cream cone? a burnt bagel popping up in your toaster when you're rushing breakfast? or cutting into an avocado and finding out it's rotten? 

Ice cream should be taken very, very seriously. A dropped cone is a cause for concern.  It would need to be replaced ASAP.

5. What's something held together with tape at your house? Or a paper clip? Or a wing and a prayer?

My van? It continues to hobble along. Or sputter along? I do need to get it back into the garage again as the RPM gauge sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Otherwise it seems to run just fine.

6. Do you feel underappreciated? In what way?

Sometimes. My husband is wonderful about supporting me and letting me know how much he appreciates all that I do. The kids? Not so much. But isn't that the way it goes? I love them to pieces, and I know someday when they are older and wiser they'll appreciate all the times I washed dishes and clothing for them.

7. What's something you'd build if you knew how?

A little cabin in the woods by a lake. With solar power and a woodstove. And maybe Wi-Fi.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness. Happy Hodgepodging!

9 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you about wanting to build a cabin...wouldn't that be just awesome? Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's a beach tip I've never heard of before : ) I love your answer to the ice cream question! Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are currently looking for lake property. Hope be building our cabin next year. Definitely rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I regularly visit your site and find a lot of interesting information. Thanks for sharing this Information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Generally I don’t read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you searching for a professional Web Designer in Toronto? Appslure is a Toronto Web Design company and your best choice for web design, Thanks you for very nice its sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Akshi Engineers Pvt. Ltd. is a prominent gear box manufacturer, delivering precision-engineered solutions since its inception. With cutting-edge technology and a commitment to excellence, they cater to diverse industrial sectors, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
    Turnkey Solution for TMT Bar Mill in Egypt
    Gear Boxes Manufacturer in Egypt
    Twin Channel Manufacturer in Egypt
    TMT Quenching Box Manufacturer in Egypt
    Rolling Mill Drives & Automation Manufactures in Egypt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!